Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My own little word war...

So, even though I am ahead in the game over all, I had only written about 1100 words today.  500 isn't that much to run off, but it sort of is when it gets later in the evening.  Solution? Write Or Die.  No, it is not really death, but you can set your own word count, time limit, and how nice you want the program to be.  This includes a crazy mode in which, if you stop writing for too long, it will start deleting things.  Haha.  I love it.  Also, it will spur lovely word sprints like the following:


If you're curious now, the link is on the sidebar in this blog. There is a 10 dollar desktop down-loadable edition with some pretty interesting looking features, but I have just been using the free online version for now. I might be buying it, just to support its awesomeness, and in case later on in the month I am totally burned out and need some evil motivation.

Word count for the day: Achieved. I think I will now kill off my bottle of Argentinian Malbec. Delicious.

-Jessie, 7,924 only slightly wine induced words

No comments:

Post a Comment