Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Trudging along...

You know, this novel is showing me a lot of things I did wrong in my last novel.  I don't even know if you can call what I wrote last year a "novel". It pretty much didn't have a genre. The plot was.... well, Carrie and I made it up in the ten minute car ride to a write in.  Yea.  This time, my book has a genre, and I am even doing some character development, not solely through silly anecdotal stories.  This is certainly a plus.  My writing so far has been a mix of "Erm... yea, I will think of that later" and eureka moments "Oh yea, and that's why so and so is like that! W00t :)". This causes me to be sort of mood swingy as I'm writing, but usually I just use whatever emotion that comes out to spur the next few minutes of writing, whether I am excited or frustrated.  This was been working pretty well.

Also, I have a new reddit account.  There is a subreddit for writing, and a category for wordcounts where many people have been posting their nanowrimo progress.  I will probably do that as well (even though no one there will care), just to have another place to post it.  The nano site is being so laggy that it is somewhat anti climactic to update anything. "Oh yea, I put in that word count like 10 minutes ago.... whatever." I understand why it's laggy though.  I think there are a lot of people on the site, especially towards the beginning of the month, and they don't have an enormous budget for all the web hosting.  Still, I don't remember it being like this last year.  Maybe I just didn't notice, or maybe it's only this laggy for me because my Peruvian "Speedy" isn't all that speedy sometimes...

Luckily for me, however, I do not need speedy internet to write my novel.  I just switch my wireless off, then type away until I deem it necessary to post in this blog.  The system works pretty well.

-Jessie at 7,401 pretty sensible words

No comments:

Post a Comment